Monday, June 1, 2009

The booger fish


We have a 50 something gallon fish tank in our bedroom. The fish come and go and sometimes I get attached to them - (Yes - to a fish). Well, our tank had turned into a tank of four fish. Two catfish that John had purchased to eat all of the crud off of the bottom of the tank, (catfish can get big. When we purchased them, they were tiny and they grew big and fast); an algae eater to clean the tank and my little booger fish.
Friday night after playing pool with my family until 1:00 a.m. I come home to find that my little booger fish is no where to be found. Upon closer examination, I find the tail of the little booger fish sticking out of the one of the catfishes' mouth. HOW GROSS!!!! DISGUSTING!!!! At 1:00 in the morning, all I could do was turn off the light of the fishtank and go to bed hoping that I could forget all about the situation. Life can't be that easy, I awaken Saturday morning, jump out of bed, turn on the light in the fish tank and what do I see????? The same exact situation, poor booger fish has gotten stuck in the catfishes mouth. As soon as John got up - he, being my most wonderful husband and not wanting to listen to me complain anymore - picked up the catfish and got the fish out of its mouth (I think plyers were used). Now the canal in the back of our property has three more fish (2 catfish and an algae eater). The fish tank has been cleaned out - no fish whatsoever- and I will make sure I talk to someone that knows about fish before putting anything else in the tank. Poor booger fish!!!!! John says that it is the circle of life - I say it is disgusting.
Another one of life's little moments!!!


2 comments:

  1. You know, if you're a booger fish, I guess getting eaten by a catfish is just to be expected. Glad to see that you are cutting down on the number of animals in the familyh zoo, on the farm, in the backyard pen, etc. I know ... it's just fish, but it's a start (congrats!!)!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your booger fish :)

    ReplyDelete