Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lets Just All Get Along!!!


Just found out that Katie will be moving home. There are so many different feelings associated with this. When Katie is happy, she is really happy but when Katie is unhappy, she is very unhappy! I hope and pray that six weeks has been enough time for all of us to have licked our wounds and now we can go on as a loving family!
I have heard for so many years that raising teens is very hard. I never believed that it would be this hard. I love my girls more than anything or anyone in the entire world. I love my girls more than I ever imagined. When one of them is hurting, I am hurting!!! I realize that all parents feel this way!
Wish that I had a crystal ball and could see that this will all work out. I have been told that one day everything will be fine. Lets hope that "one day" is now. I have told myself through most of this past six weeks that things will work out in God's timing and I just needed to go with the flow and let Him take care of it. I have no doubt that the Lord is watching out for us and this is just another step. Without my faith in Him, I would have definately fallen a part a long time ago!!!!
I appreciate that Beth and Sean let Katie stay with them for the past six weeks. I know that it was a sacrifice and it is a testimony to their love for her and for us. I am sure that Katie has learned alot from Beth and Sean and I also have no doubt that both Beth and Sean have learned a lot from Katie. Maybe these past six weeks will be a time that we all look back on and talk about for years to come.
I have the best family and friends in the world!!!!! Thanks for all being here for me!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's really great to hear. I will pray for all of you that you continue to find love, understanding and peace in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you have to realize is that Katie is her own person now & knows it... you have to be able to accept that & know that anything negative you say will be taken as "she doesn't like/accept me", etc....,But you do have to set ground rules.
    I really don't remember how I did it, but we all got through it somehow & you will too :)

    ReplyDelete